Sunday, October 28, 2007

Welcome to our house!

I know it has taken us forever but I finally got around to snapping a few shots of our house. I'm obviously in need of drinking my V-8 (or stopping drinking whatever else that Adam is evidently spiking my Kool-Aid with) because some of these pictures turned out pretty crooked but if you can ignore that, you'll get a sneak peek at our house.


So first, here is our front door and foyer. You can't see the door all that well but it's a beautiful deep red, almost cherry cordial. I love this part of the house. It feels so open. On the right is the living room and the left is the dining room and then just past the living room on the right is the hall to the guest bedrooms. Pictures of those to follow.
Below is a before picture of the kitchen. This is how it looked when we first saw it. The picture really doesn't do any kind of justice to the hideous nature of the mustard color that was on the walls.
This is how it looked when we took possession of the house. Keep in mind that the lights are off so it looks darker in here than it really is.
Here's Adam all in his work clothes and going ahead and flexing for all you adoring fans out there. He's taping in preparation for banishing that horrible yellow color and I just happened to luck out enough to have caught him mid pose. I know. Aren't you all jealous that he's taken?!?
Here's our kitchen now. We painted a rich chocolate brown and when you're inside the kitchen, you actually want to lick the walls. (I actually own a picture of my sister in law licking the wall. Because I love her, I promised her I'd refrain from posting it but I mention that to express how yummy the color of the walls is. As it dripped off the roller when I first painted it, it literally looked like milk chocolate running off the brush. DELICIOUS! We don't have our art up in any room of the house yet. That'll be our next project but for now, at least we've painted!
Here's a photo of the kitchen from the family room area. I love the granite countertops and I love how much bigger the kitchen is than our postage stamp kitchen in our apartment. I've even taken up cooking and baking since we moved in. I think if Adam had known what effect this kitchen would have on me, we'd have bought a home much sooner! :)
Here is the "before" picture of the Master Bedroom. The window you see looks out into the back yard. I love all the natural light in this room!
Here's what we've done with the place. I want to put a cushion in the window seat and a chair/ ottoman over there on that side of the room to take advantage of the light over there. The lighting is a bit deceiving in the pics but this is by far my favorite room of the house. It is the most relaxing room in the house. It's spectacular. I have the hardest time convincing myself to get out of bed in the morning to face the day. I never want to leave!
The other side of our room.
And a full head on shot of our bed...which apparently also should have had a V-8. Sorry for the crooked shot.
Anyway, there's your first installment of our house. We're so excited. We hope you guys will all come over for dinner, a game night or to stay for a weekend. We are so excited to have a house and we love visitors!

10 comments:

drfindley said...

Hey, your house looks fantastic and homey! I bet that was so much working getting it to look that good, but it was worth it, huh?

I can't wait to get out of college!

Auntie Lolo said...

Your house is fabulous in person and in the pictures. Everytime I come over I get the insane urge to start a catering company or something to use all your counter space. It's rediculous how much counter space you have!! I can see why you have taken up baking and cooking, who wouldn't?! And your bedroom is also my favorite room of the house. Your bedspread is out of this world and I love the blue walls. But, I didn't see a picture of your pet bunny Peter?? Where is he??

Molly said...

The pictures that would load are bee-utiful!! I wish i could see the others...

rebecca said...

Your house looks awesome! You could never tell that there was so much painting drama ;) I am in love with your bedspread...so lush.

Stephanie said...

Beeeeeautiful!!! (The wall tasted yummy too.)

MUMSY said...

The entry is very, very nice. I think that is my favorite part so far! You guys have good taste! Just keep my room ready!

critts said...

wow! it looks so great! can you come and decorate mine now please???

Tamara said...

right critts. Like you need any help! Your house belongs on the style network or something...of course you're welcome to flatter me any old time you like! :)

cat said...

grabs - it is gorgeous! thank you for posting pictures. i am so excited for you guys.

Sarah said...

Your house is so beautiful! You really have done a lot of work and it's paid off. The chocolate brown is definitely better than the mustard and I love your bedroom. I can't wait to see pics of the rest of the house!