Friday, October 5, 2007

ENOUGH!

Alright, I try not to get too worked up about this but this is my blog and I'll rant if I want to. So, I get my tired bones out of bed every festering morning to get to work "on time" but it seems the stars are stacked against me. Why is it that when I have left my house within a 15 minute window of the same time EVERY MORNING it took me 1.25 hours one day to get in to work, 1.0 the next day, 35 minutes the next day, 45 minutes the next day and then 1 hour and 5 minutes the today. WHY? For the love, can I not get to work on time? Does it even matter that I try to get here on time? I'm going to to say NO! And then why is it that Adam (who by the way takes like a light year less time to get ready than I do and therefore can afford to sleep later) leaves AFTER me every day and gets there in a relatively predictable amount of time EVERY DAY?!! Do you understand how the stars are stacked against me? I can't plan to be on time anywhere because even if I leave early enough to "beat traffic" some unlucky soul who also left that time to "beat traffic" had the unfortunate mishap of getting in an accident and so the rest of us early riser/ early leavers have, despite our best efforts, managed to land ourselves right in the middle of traffic rather than beating it and end up getting there later than if we'd left at regular time...(except of course on the days when I leave at "regular time" at which point there ends up being a seminar downtown and everybody who usually works in the suburbs and does not contribute to rush hour traffic has to be downtown the same time I do that day - true story, actually happened). Well, all I have to say is I could live in LA for the traffic I put up with, and at least I'd have the beach and my mom close by to show for it. BOOOOO TRAFFIC!

14 comments:

Adam said...

Traffic = Pfefferkorn

Tamara said...

Well said Babe.

Stephanie said...

But then Brando, Pumpkin and Sugar Plum wouldn't have their favorite aunt and uncle here. You HAVE to stay in Dallas even if getting to work takes you five hours. :)

Stephanie said...

Actually, I think you should just quit your job and we can spend our days at the Galleria! What do ya say? I bet Adam would LOVE that! :)

Tamara said...

Steph,
That is a BRILLIANT idea! What do you think, Adam?

Stephanie said...

Yeah, Adam... what do ya think?

Auntie Lolo said...

Tamara, Tamara, Tamara. LIFE SUCKS. I can think of nothing worse than what you went through this week. I used to have the same thing happen to me in West Palm Beach and I was almost fired b/c my boss did not understand that I really left on time everyday and that I couldn't control traffic. It's terrible. You deserve a foot rub of some sort. Adam, that's all you buddy.

Sarah said...

Traffic stinks. Traffic is not getting the ball nor is it even trying to get the ball. What to do? There's no what to do.

Tamara said...

Seriously, Seh. Traffic, can you try? Can you even just try to try? Please?

drfindley said...

Can I just say that there also is no good way to get to downtown Dallas to avoid the traffic. I have tried just about every way in and they all stink! There is no sneaky way around it!

Let's also just say that I felt way over-tolled when I went on the Dallas Central Expressway, because there was no expressway about it!

Dallas + Traffic = Not as much fun as Dallas + Food or Dallas + Brauns

cat said...

there is NO what to do. (and i think that i actually now have the ball)

Molly said...

Traffic is an evil tramp. I thought about you last night because I went and got Steve at the old house and was a smidge nostalgic. I asked him if there was anything he missed about it and he said, "Yes, I hate my new commute." Being hormonal, I cried, which just made him THRILLED. So I told him President Hinckley didn't want him to get angry at me. LOL!!!

Ooooh, did someone say Galleria??

Jacob said...

wow! i think the cards are stacked against adam on this one -- at least as far as the comments are concerned.

otherwise.... "the today"? tamara, did you forget EVERYTHING you learned in high school english class?

Tamara said...

brauner, really? Hasn't anyone ever told you not to correct an angry/ teetering on going postal woman's use of the English language? If not, for your own safety, someone should have a talk with you about that. (Adam, that's all you too.)

In any case, click on the Miss South Carolina link and you'll see where I got my inspiration.