Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Marisa!

Today is Marisa's birthday. She's one of the greatest human beings I've ever known. Not in the cliche way. I can say sincerely there are specific ways I am a better person for having known her. She is such a beautiful person, inside and out. She was the person that made me actually think I wouldn't have to kill myself for moving to Dallas ALONE. She was the first person I fessed up to having a crush on Adam to. My life was just about perfect when she and Precious were my neighbors. She is and has been my sanity for some time now. My dad asked how she was doing the other day and then said "well, when you talk to her next, you tell her I'm a pretty big fan and so is everyone else who has ever met her." I agree! She flew all the way out to LA to be with me on my wedding day and was probably the largest reason I didn't spontaneously combust. She managed to calm me down when even my mom and a box of chocolates couldn't do it. I love you Marisa. She pressed send when we faxed in our contracts to buy our home. She's basically an Icon in the Braun household. Marisa, I wish you'd stop being so darned righteous, doing what you're "supposed to do" and move your curly headed self back to Dallas! Thanks for being such a great example and a great friend. What a blessing it is to know you!

3 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

What a beautiful blog, I teared up a little. See boys, this is what blogs are for!!

Adam said...

Happy Birthday, Marisa! I owe you big time for coming to CA for the wedding to make sure my wife said, "Yes."

We're excited for your visit next week!

Molly said...

Happy birthday, Marisa! You are missed in DFW.