Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Human Cannonball

So, on my way into the office Tuesday morning, I heard something exciting on the radio. You see, Texas is having it's annual State Fair right now and the DJ mentioned that there is a human cannonball event every day at the fairgrounds. I listened intently to the description and the next thing I knew, I was in the middle of a daydream watching my body being launched out of a cannon and my mind had wandered to through following thought processes:

1. That could be fun.
2. I bet I could do that.
3. Surely it takes little to no skill.
4. I'm not even afraid of heights.
5. I bet the hazard pay is pretty good!

When I realized what was happening in my mind, I quickly shook myself from the daydream and came to the stark realization that if it feels like a positive career move to me to crunch myself into the barrel of an instrument once used as a weapon of war only to become the projectile being hurled from such instrument, perhaps that says something about my current job. Just at thought. But take a look at those photos...I really COULD be good at that, don't you think?

5 comments:

Adam said...

Does you husband get a say in this?

Auntie Lolo said...

Okay seriously, I would be your biggest fan and would even make a T-shirt to wear at your performances!!

Stephanie said...

Tammy, I think that career change is a brilliant idea! Maybe when they launch you from the cannon you can soar over your office building and yell, "See ya, bustaaaa!" (I realize that's not funny at all, but it did make me laugh. :) )

Adam said...

Steph, I got the mental pic of Tammy flying and yelling "bustsaaaa" and laughed out loud. Hilarious.

Sarah said...

I think you should do it, and make sure that you take some pictures so that you can blog about it!