Thursday, October 11, 2007

Even Gollum can't believe it!

Job site CareerBuilders.com recently asked pollsters Harris Interactive to survey hiring managers and find out the wackiest resume items they've seen lately. Out of 2,627 responses, here are the top ten:

A job candidate...
1. ... attached a letter from her mother.
2. ... used pale blue paper with teddy bears printed around the border.
3. ... explained a three-month gap in employment by saying that he was getting over the death of his cat.
4. ... specified that his availability to work Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays is limited because the weekends are "drinking time."
5. ... included a picture of herself in a cheerleading uniform.
6. ... drew a picture of a car on the outside of the envelope and said the car would be a gift to the hiring manager.
7. ... listed hobbies that included sitting on a levee at night watching alligators.
8. ... mentioned the fact that her sister had once won a strawberry-eating contest.
9. ... stated that he works well in the nude.
10. ... explained an arrest record by stating, "We stole a pig, but it was a really small pig."

7 comments:

drfindley said...

Thanks for making me giggle. This really is an improvement over the whole Star Wars joke! Two of those and I think you would have been in serious trouble with the bad joke police, AKA Tamara, who btw, has put an end to SAP.

Tamara said...

I mean, those are some pretty good tips. When I put in my application to be the human cannonball, I may use some of those. My photo in a cheer uniform. A letter from my mom. My sister never won a strawberry eating contest but my brother lost to a girl in the MTC in a corn dog eating contest. And I'd prefer not to talk about my police record.

Adam said...

Th Star Wars joke was hilarious and all y'all know it. You're just in denial...

Stephanie said...

I gotta tell Dale about that one. He'll get a kick out of it!

Adam said...

I'm still wondering about the alligators one...

cat said...

this is SO funny, i was dying, i had to show justin.

crystal00000 said...

this is the stupidest shit i have ever seen in my whole life. get a freakin life. go do soemthing eles i me rele what LOSERS!