Saturday, August 22, 2009

Aunt Kay's Petting Zoo

We called my Aunt Kay to tell her that we wanted to come visit while we were in Cali and, as luck would have it, my cousin Stacy was in town with her little girls and my Aunt Kay had planned to have a petting zoo at her house that morning. My mom, my SIL and my two adorable nieces and our little family had the a blast meeting all the baby animals.



Elizabeth and cousin Allegra sat and visited for a while as they waited their turn to pet the animals.


They saw the animals munching on the grass and thought they'd give it a try.


Then Elizabeth told me what she'd learned about Allegra while chatting.



Elizabeth and I got with nature...


When she had had enough of the up close and personal with the animals, Elizabeth got a bird's eye view of the goings on...

Then the real fun began. Elizabeth had her first pony ride. Giddyup!

She and her cousin Aurora had a lovely ride while my SIL Carrie and Adam were in charge of crowd control.

And at the end of it all, they rode off into the sunset together...

Sort of. Nana took our little family off to visit my dad, Papas, at work. He is the director at a senior center and he had so much fun showing Elizabeth off to the doting grandmas and grandpas at his work. Elizabeth loved being shown off too.

After that, we snuck Papas away for an hour at "Las Fuentes" which is the amazing authentic Mexican restaurant in L.A. Let's be honest, Tex-Mex is growing on me but I will never get over the really awesome hole in the wall Mexican food that can only be found in slightly sketchy parts of east L.A. What a killer day!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I love the "riding away in the sunset" picture. Too cute! Your little cowgirl from Texas riding a horse in California...

Lindsay said...

Loved the commentary. I think you absolutely captured Elizabeth's thoughts on the petting zoo and her cousins. You are hilarious. Becky Gillespie knows of a hole in the wall Mexican restaraunt in McKinney...you'll have to ask her about it.