Tuesday, January 20, 2009



It's that time again! Another anniversary. I seriously can't believe how fast it goes. So, this year with the addition of a baby to our family, I realized I love Adam for a whole new set of reasons.
1. He really never tires of taking care of Elizabeth.
2. He seems to be entirely unrattled by a screaming baby and an exhausted wife. He just assesses the situation and then goes to work taking care of what needs to be done.
3. He has mastered the art of folding miniature baby socks and clothes.
4. There is not a man in America that can swaddle a baby better than he.
5. Even the messiest diaper or the most projectile spit up do not gross him out.
6. Although he was always hilarious, he has proven to be side splitting even at 2 a.m. when it's time to feed the baby.
7. "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?" is SO much more entertaining when he reads it and does the voices to it.
8. Elizabeth is as taken with Adam's waltzing as I am.
9. He always seems to know when I've had enough or am too exhausted and instinctively just jumps in and takes over.
10. He pretends not to notice that I'm a hideous looking beast 90% of the time and instead pretends that Elizabeth and I are cuter than ever.

I always felt like I was getting away with something while we were planning our wedding. I couldn't believe someone like Adam would like a girl like me. As time goes on, I feel more and more like I've gotten away with something. He gets better every day. He's a constant supply of happy surprises. I don't know how I tricked him into marrying me. He's the greatest and Elizabeth and I are so lucky to have him. All of you who know him know he's pretty great and those who know me well know he'd have to be to put up with me. Love ya, Babe! Happy Anniversary.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on your second anniversary! That is a big deal. Love the wedding pics.

Melanie said...

Congratulations to you two gushing little lovebirds!

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Hey there Lindsay!! Gosh I'm a jerk, I was going to email you on your anniversary and I completely forgot to!!
I hope you had a great day!!

Love you lots!
Molly

Erlynne said...

Okay, Tamara and Adam, could you possibly BE any cuter! I love your post, Tamara. What a sweet and adoring wife you are - you guys are a wonderful couple! Happy Anniversary!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours was last month and neither of us have gotten around to posting about it! Maybe that's what 8 years and 3 kids will do to you! I loved reading both of your posts- you seem so great for each other. Here's to many more years of happiness!!!