Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas with the Kooks

This year we went to Cali for Christmas. It was pure unadulterated chaos for 2 weeks and I loved every second of it. We got to stay over at my brother and sister in law's house where Elizabeth got to get acquainted with her newest cousin, only one month her senior (I'll post pictures of that meeting just as soon as my mom or SIL can email them to me.)

Meanwhile, Elizabeth took her first crack at the art of opening presents:


Desperate times call for desperate measures, like eating the wrapping paper.

And here's our little Santa Baby.



Can you stand these tights?


She is clearly thrilled with her ensemble.


It was so fun to watch the cousins enjoy one anther and play.


The girls had a sleepover. Sadly, I was not invited.


But, my sister Courtney proved that the grown up girls can be entertained even without a sleepover...say for example by wearing footie jammies and prancing around with a tiara on.


I admit it, we're spazzes, but we had so much fun. We went to Knott's Berry Farm, watched an all boys pick up baseball game at the park, had sibling and spouse Wii tournaments until way too late at night and ate altogether too much junk food. My parents were amazing at entertaining so many rowdy kids...and the grandkids too. :)

9 comments:

Shay said...

what a cute little girlie!! looks like you had oodles of fun!

Becky said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you had as much fun as we did. Ellie looks cuter than ever. Is that even possible?

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to see Elizabeth in those little outfits. I'm so happy they fit! She is just so cute.

Sarah said...

Elizabeth has to be one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen! I love her little Santa outfit and I'm glad that she enjoyed her first Christmas. Next time you guys come to Cali we need to meet up- we could go to lunch halfway or something. I'd love to see you!

Marisa said...

Are you serious?? That Santa outfit is absolutely adorable. I can hardly stand it!!

cat said...

those little christmas outfits are killin' me! she is so precious. glad that you had fun with your fam - i bet they were loving ellie.

Rhia Jean said...

The striped p.j.'s are really the cutest thing ever.

critts said...

She is such a gorgeous baby!!! I'm sure you hear that all the time but she truly is!

Courtney said...

Are you all plotting against me or something? What is with the picture of me in my footie pajamas. Was there not a single other picture from the trip you could have picked?