Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beaten to the punch, again!

"Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end." ~Author Unknown


Of course Tamara beat me to the blog today. She is so much better than I am at making important days feel special. Just one of the many noteworthy and extraordinary characteristics she defines...

The above quote feels apt today, our 2nd Anniversary. When asked if being married for 2 years feels like it has zipped by or if it feels agonizingly long, my honest answer was that it feels like neither. It just feels right. Tamara is what is right for me.

I am so grateful to have been guided to such a fun, caring, laugh-out-loud hilarious woman with endless talents, knowledge, and potential. I remember when she first smiled at me across the room after a church activity one night. I had to turn my head and look behind me to see who on earth she was looking at because I was certain it wasn't me. Luckily there wasn't anyone behind me.

I'll also never forget that one transcendent moment of my life when I lost all ability to breathe--I saw her walk around the corner in her wedding dress for the first time. She is beautiful.

And lastly, I've never seen Elizabeth look at anyone the way she looks at her mom. Of course she'll smile and laugh with just about anybody, but her eyes just seem to dance and sparkle when Tamara is around. She immediately smiles when she hears her voice. How blessed Elizabeth will be for having Tamara as her mother.

So, thank you, Tammy, for sharing all the yesterdays, the todays, and the long walks into the tomorrows with me. Life has never been so full. I love you very much!

1 comment:

cat said...

you two are perfect together, and those wedding photos are gorgeous.