Sunday, November 9, 2008

Farewell, Old Friend

After just two years, I said good bye to my life as a lawyer. Monday would have been my first day back. Did I feel a twinge of sadness about closing that chapter of my life?

Anyone who knows me well will tell you I've dreamed of being a lawyer since I was tiny. It's the only thing I can ever remember wanting to be and it was everything I thought it would be. And then, from one day to the next, I went from Tamara Braun, Esquire to Mommy. Now my days are filled with things like bathtime...

and naptime

and playing dress up

and my personal favorite...snuggling.

It's the best job I could have ever asked for. It's the job I'd have wished for all my life if I'd known it was an option. Thanks for giving me this promotion, Elizabeth and Adam. I promise I won't let you down!

14 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Awww..that is a precious little girl you have. You are a cute mom & I'm glad you get to stay home with your baby!

Sarah said...

She just gets cuter and cuter everyday! I'm sure that you were a great lawyer, but I know that you are an even better mom. It's the hardest, most rewarding job you can ever have. I'm glad you are loving it.

WhiteEyebrows said...

Hopefully your new occupation will be just as thrilling and satisfying as your old 'dream' job. Somehow I suspect it might be.

Becky said...

Isn't mommyhood great? I totally agree with you. It is the best. Even better than being a stay-at-home wife like I was before James.
Ellie is so pretty! I love that bathtime photo. I can't believe how tiny she still looks. She is totally precious.

cat said...

the best job ever.

Greg and Tammy said...

A little bit of a pay cut... but MUCH better job description!! :) I LOVE that bathtime picture. What a beautiful doll.

Melanie said...

I love Miss Elizabeth in her little froggy towel. So darn cute!
When I quit teaching full-time to be with Norah, my boss told me that it was a decision I would never regret and he was so right! Have fun with your girl!

Katie L. said...

Oh, that is cute. I'm so glad you are happy. It's more fun for me when you stay home, even if I don't see you that much. At least we can complain about the same stuff when we do talk!

Courtney said...

Are you sure you don't need to go back to work? I could be Elizardbreath's full time nanny. I mean, not that I'm dying for some aunty-neice time or anything, I'd just be helping out a sis. Taking one for the team...

MUMSY said...

To read such words is music to my ears, and they fill me with such confidence that Adam and Elizabeth are in wonderful hands. You are the BEST! We love you Tamara! That baby is THE cutest ever!

Carrie L said...

I can't believe how cute she is! I love her big eyes and her birdie mouth! I'm dying to meet her. Can't Christmas get here any faster?

critts said...

She's adorable Tamara! And congrats on making your decision. I know just how hard that decision is!

Molly said...

Congrats - I am truly jealous.

Jen said...

Congratulations! That's the best kind of promotion!