Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why every girl needs her mom...

Because, aside from your husband, only your mom would stay with you all night in the hospital and let you know when to accept the drugs the nurse is trying to give you.

Because she can explain what the devil the nurse just said when she comes in and smacks an oxygen mask on you and mutters something about some strip and some numbers...

Because she'll tell you your baby is beautiful even when she's still got a cone head and looks a little bit slimey.

Because she'll hold your baby all night long while you sleep and make it look easy...and when you wake up in the morning, your baby will have been so thrilled to chill with Nana, she doesn't even want to come back to you!

Because she finds great ways to distract you from being miserable and overdue...like frosty chocolate shakes and other junk foods to delight the palate.

Because even as you drop her off at the airport, she'll share a few more priceless tips for caring for a baby and...more importantly, she'll promise to come back in 3 weeks and check on you and the baby.

Thanks for coming mom. Thanks for 2 weeks of pure unadulterated girl time and thanks for coming back in 3 weeks. Adam, Ellie and I are all counting the days!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I couldn't agree more. Those are some great pictures. It reminds me of when your mom slept with my baby on our first night - I don't know how any girl gets by without a mom. I'm glad to see you are doing well enough to post! Your baby is so adorable; I would like another one.

WhiteEyebrows said...

hmm.. can your mom come when my wife is in labor? :)

nice sunglasses btw... I'm sure those weren't there to hide any red, puffy, crying eyes - now were they... :)

Crystal said...

Yeah for moms! And thanks for the extra pictures of Ellie. It looks like I have the same shirt as you in that last picture.

Stephanie said...

Moms are definitely amazing when it comes to helping out with new babies... your mom helped me out BIG time when the twins were born and I'll always appreciate her for that.

Tammy, I have to say... that picture of you at the airport... you look amazing!!! I'm so happy for you and the new family you guys have created... Ellie is absolutely beautiful.

Becky said...

I love that picture of your mom and Ellie. So cute! I hope you are doing okay without your mom. It is always sad when they leave. I was so sad when my mom left too. Just remember to not overdo it while your mom is away.