Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And baby makes three.

Hey everyone! Here is your official sneak peak of the beautiful, if nameless, Baby Braun. We've not been so great about taking pictures of her post delivery and since neither the baby or I dressed for the occasion, we've had to forego posting pictures. But, I caught this shot during her nap this afternoon so I thought I'd post it as a teaser with the promise of more pictures in the coming days.



I was so fortunate that my mom came to be with me during labor and the week before and after delivery. She is such a calming influence and, as if having 9 children weren't preparation enough, she's been a labor and delivery nurse for the past 10 years. Here she is right by the baby warmer where we strategically placed her so she could make sure to scope out the instruments and set up to ensure quality control. She was our own walking encyclopedia and kept us motivated and informed during the whole process. She proved to be invaluable to those of us in the room who don't speak nurse. :)



And here's the proud dad. Just look at the look on his face. You can't fake excitement like that. He was unbelievable. If he was nervous at all, it sure didn't show. He was in rare form and made sure to keep us laughing. I am so squeamish but he did not get rattled by a single part of the process. See? I've got proof! Here he is cutting the cord.



Anyway, for those of you dissatisfied with the quantity of pictures posted thus far, I hereby promise to thoroughly bombard you with an untoward number of pictures of her in the coming days. We can't stop staring at her so it's just a matter of time before it occurs to us take pictures of our adorable little bundle. Thanks everyone for your excitement for us and for your thoughts and prayers on our behalf. We are certainly thankful and humbled by your kindness.

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Aw!! What a cutie! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see more pictures...

Becky said...

How beautiful. She looks angelic. I can hardly wait for more pictures! Rest up and take care of yourself and your little angel.

cat said...

aaahhhh!!! her profile is gorgeous. i can't wait to see more pictures.
your mom is such a doll and looks great!

Katie L. said...

Congratulations, We are so happy she is finally here! Yay for the end of pregnancy!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited that she is here and that everything went well. Can't wait to see more pics! Now I need to get her gift in the mail- I love shopping for girl clothes!

Alex T. Valencic said...

So... does she have a name yet???

Such slackers!! Gretchen and I already have a list of dozens of names for our children... far more than we'll ever need! ;)

Crystal said...

She's adorable and I love the look on Adams face. Can't wait for more pictures.

rebecca said...

she looks adorable already! congratulations you guys...that is so exciting!!!

Stephanie Johnson said...

What a beautiful little girl!

Greg and Tammy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The few pics we got were gorgeous!! Hope all is going well so far... love you guys!