Saturday, June 7, 2008

Weekend in Cali

Last weekend, my beautiful sister got married in L.A. She was a stunning bride and I'll post pictures of that soon but in the meantime, Adam and I took the chance to stay a few extra days and live it up in So. Cal. We hung out with family and visited tons of our favorite haunts. We had the best time EVER! Here's a bunch of our tour guides who we have to thank for our enjoyable weekend showing us the Chinese Mann Theatre.
We (the ladies) have a favorite locale to get our chocolate fix. Here is Carrie (my wonderful SIL who I love love love) and her cute baby Aurora together with my mom (need I even mention how much I love my mama?) and our other niece Malia. We thought it was about time to introduce the next generation to chocolate addiction.
And we thought we'd bring the boys along. They both loved it. I would have posted a picture of Adam loving his chocolate bliss but unfortunately I'm in it and I look...well...dreadful. Sorry Adam! :)
Then we took a day trip up to Santa Barbara to show Adam some of the other beautiful scenery in Cali. Here he is with baby Aurora outside the mission in Santa Barbara. The weather was SO perfect that we had a picnic on the beach. It was beautiful. So perfect. Have I mentioned how I love Cali? And on to our next field trip...HOLLYWOOD!
Check out Adam teaching his little buddy Kenzie all about his favorite star on the Walk of Fame. Look closely folks. Here, I'll help you out:

That's right. We couldn't take the man to Hollywood and not let him pay homage to Stallone, right?
Kenzie found her way to Shirley Temple and next to the cast of Harry Potter. What bliss for the kid!
Daddy found John Wayne. It was pretty much his happy place. What dad doesn't love John Wayne?!?
My little brother Mark (teeny, isn't he?) lead us all to Sean Connery and you can imagine the Celebrity Jeopardy lines that followed.
And we topped the night off by seeing Wicked. Thanks fam for making time for us and for accompanying us all around the Southland to revel in the glorious Cali fun. We couldn't have asked for a better trip! Love you guys!


12 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

Great pictures!! I am so glad you were able to go home and visit the fam. And can I just be the very first to say how incredibly GORGEOUS you look? Scouts honor.

WhiteEyebrows said...

lucky... i hope the wedding went well. I knew TX's Karma was off last week. I'm blaming it on you guys being gone.

critts said...

I can't wait to see the wedding pics! Looks like such a fun trip though! And those chocolate shakes look divine - can we get something like that in Dallas please?

Stephanie Johnson said...

I was wondering where you were last week. And on vacation again?!? Wow, you have lots of fun. Lucky (just imagine Napoleon Dynamite saying that)!

Greg and Tammy said...

First thing first, you look SO CUTE prego! So fun to visit Cali!! And topping it off with Wicked! Greg and I saw it there a few years back. Loved it!

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous, you got to see WICKED!!! lol Can't wait to hear what you thought of it. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Where did you guys go for your chocolate shakes? I'm just curious.

Blacker Blog said...

Looks like yall had fun! I have wanted to see Wicked forever! Was it great?

Sarah said...

Next time you're down visitig Cali and you have time- give us a call! I'd love to get together and hang out. You look so cute with your pregnancy belly and it looks like you had a great trip!

Stephanie said...

Hey Tams, I left you a comment (response to your comment) on my blog. Hope you're doing well!

Alex T. Valencic said...

Adam, seize control of the computer and post some pictures of wife! Otherwise we'll never get to see her! :P

Okay, really, I just want to see Adam covered in chocolate, so that I can feel nostalgic about the UUW frosting wars... Ah, good times...

RMS said...

Hey Adam, I was just checking out your blog. I'm actually in Santa Barbara right now--I guess I just missed you!

cat said...

how fun! you look gorgeous - you and that cute little belly!!!:)