Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You know you're in Texas when...(Volume 2)

So for this installment, you know you're in Texas when your family comes into town and you take them to see cows!

Jacob came to town!!! Could my brothers in law be any cooler? Jacob was such a good sport! We took him to Cow Town and saw a for reals cattle drive.

Lead by cowboy dudes like this guy! And then we saw a cowboy shoot out with a cowboy like the dude below!

I asked the boys if they felt any guilt for eating ribs right after we saw a cattle drive. Unsurprisingly, the boys were unphased. In fact, they opted for the "all you can eat" menu choice and loved every morsel.

So then we went to the cattle yard to see where the cattle drives of the old west used to end up and how they used to scope out the cows they wanted to buy. These beasts are SO big!

I decided if I were in the market for a cow, I'd have picked this beauty. I mean, look at all the body in his horns. It's lovely and all achieved without product.

Thanks for joining us for this installment of you know you're in Texas when. Don't worry folks. We've still got plenty more to show you all so come on down and we'll feature you in our next volume! And thanks for coming Jacob. You make everything more fun because you're so easily entertained and quick to laugh. You're welcome back any time!

10 comments:

Katie L. said...

Where is cow town? Would it be interesting for kids?

Stephanie Johnson said...

Howdy y'all! So where do I go to get to yer place ye call Cow Townr?

Molly said...

If any chaps were worn...I hope no one was hurt. LOL.

Jen said...

Glad you had fun! I personally was a tad disappointed at the 8-cow cattle drive. But nothing says Fort Worth like longhorns and cowboys.

Rhia Jean said...

If I use the right products, I can get my horns to do that too.

Crystal, Troy, and Landon said...

Hey!

I don't think i've ever commented for you but congratulations on the baby!! That is so exciting for you guys. I think your blogs are hilarious!

Jacob said...

Adam and Tamara are AMAZING hosts, and definitely know how to show their guests a good time. The cattle drive/stock yards were only the beginning of all of the fun that we had.

Thanks again for lettin' me slum it at your place over the long weekend! I look forward to doing it again sometime, sooner than later!

Jenson Family said...

Tammy????? OMG I am so glad you found my blog and left a comment so I could find you! Wow - Texas?? Wow. What in the world have you been up to? I was trying to email you but I couldn't figure it out (I am somewhat slow these days... :) How are you? Glad you found my blog by "blog stalking!" Love it! Keep in touch (via blog, of course!)

critts said...

how fun! I had no idea there was a cow town in Dallas.

Greg and Tammy said...

So you're saying when we come to visit you will take us to visit the cows? We'll book our tickets tonight. :) Love the zoo shots. Thankfully you like kids... because you happen to have one on the way (not sure if you knew).