Sunday, June 15, 2008

CALL THE ZOO!!!

On Saturday, Adam hooked us up with passes to the Zoo. My brother and sister in law and their kids, together with our other nephew Brandon, were gracious enough to join us! Below, Brandon, Camille, Emma and Ashley pause for a moment after an up close and personal visit with the gorilla to allow me to document the wonderful occasion. Here, the kiddos, (including Uncles Justin and Adam) take a peek through the telescopes in the African jungle exhibit. These things take focus as you can tell from their very intense posture.
Here's Adam showing Ashley how to make friends with a certain adorable little primate. The monkey was too cute for words and Ash was just enthralled with him.
I think my SIL Katie had had enough of the afternoon heat. She seemed a little too happy to have her head in a crocodile's mouth. In fact, she made it look so fun, everyone had to take a turn!
Thankfully, Ashley's daddy was there to rescue her from this ravenous beast.
And fearless Brando was able to fend him off of Emma. Phew, it was close for a minute there.
We're so lucky to have family here close. Adam and I both agree that just about everything is more fun with kids and we just happen to have the most entertaining nieces and nephews on the planet. They keep us laughing, that's for sure. And their parents aren't bad either. Well, that's one Saturday activity down. I can hardly wait to find out what Adam will come up with for next weekend!

4 comments:

critts said...

How fun! A trip to the zoo with kids seems like the perfect weekend activity! We will have to take our bambinos there when they're old enough to enjoy the monkeys.

cat said...

F U N!!! i am jealous that you are living next to kate now. i am sure she is so stinkin' happy to have you there!

Stephanie said...

These pics turned out great! I may have to steal a few for my blog. lol What's up with the first picture of the kids, Brandon looks like a giant standing next to them. He's tall, but not that tall. lol

Katie L. said...

Hey, me too! What is on the agenda this weekend, Adam? My schedule is free, so I can work with you whatever you come up with. The pics do look fun, glad I was there!
Emma's knee is finally closing up, how about a pool party soon?