Sunday, May 18, 2008

Feast your eyes on THIS!

Yay for relatives moving to Dallas. My brother and his family moved to Dallas this last weekend. Lucky for me, since Justin had to start work before they closed on their house, we had a house guest for a couple of days. And you all know what I do when the boys out number the girls in the house...SEND THEM TO THE GRILL!!!
And grill they did. Fresh corn, fresh pineapple and Adam's famous burgers in a melding of culinary flavors to amaze and delight. Two words...DEEE- LISH!
So check this out. It was my first unofficial Mother's Day last Sunday and Adam surprised me with tickets THIS CLOSE to the Symphony for their performance the Saturday before. I don't know how many of you can say that you were serenaded by an entire symphony for Mother's Day, but I was. They played a song in tribute to all the mothers in attendance and they actually sang along! It was rad too because after the intermission, they had a jazz concert featuring this amazing trumpeter and his rocking guitarist and drummer. Those guys were wailing on their instruments. It was a hopping party, for reals.
The Myerson Center is so amazingly beautiful inside. Just a really pretty architectural piece. What a fun place to spend an evening. It's only a few steps away from my office but it feels like its miles away (which is just where I want to be.) And, on our exit from the building, we got to feast our eyes on this beauty. I am not making this up. Who does that?!? I couldn't resist capturing this on film. What a crack up! You know you're in Texas when... Anyway, as usual, Adam has out done himself. I really did luck out with that dude.
And welcome to Texas, Justin and Katie. May the humidity be as merciless to your hair as it is to mine...(what? you didn't expect me to be frizzy alone, did you?)

14 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

One of these days I need to sit at Adam's feet and learn from the grilling master.

Crystal said...

The grill looks great. Tell Adam that as our home teacher, he needs to share some with us!!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Maybe I'll be inviting myself over....again! :) It looks divine! And grilled pineapple is the BEST!

Becky said...

I have never personally grilled pineapple but I have had it. It looks totally yummy. Grilling is one of the best things about Summer. Especially since the guys generally do all the cooking and the cleanup is minimal!

Molly said...

I would like some grilled pineapple while riding in that pimpmobile, enjoying the wind blowing through my humidity-fluffed fro.

Rhia Jean said...

I would like you to stop taking pictures of my car and posting them on the internet! ;)

critts said...

Yummy! That food makes me hungry! And the symphony sounds like so much fun - I'm glad you guys had a great time.

Ashly said...

What a fun Mother's Day present. Enjoy it while you can because soon you will be enjoying the symphonic wailings of a new baby! And from one pregnant lady to another, I can't even see your belly in your picture. So, if you would show it off I will consider putting on another 25 lbs in the next 3 months!

Blacker Blog said...

How much fun! You know that car is hilarious, because just two days ago I saw a car just like that parked down the street - I thought it was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen!

Kathy said...

Adam knows you well with the symphony present. I love it! Next time maybe it will be a weekend getaway to one of my concerts? :)

Carrie L said...

The countdown is on--when does the BBQ master do his demo this weekend? And amazing first Mother's day present! And you're beautiful, by the way!

Stephanie said...

That pineapple looks yummy!!!! I have yet to try the amazing barbeque.. I've heard nothing but good stuff about it and CAN'T WAIT to try it! I just found out from Dale that you guys are gone this weekend and the WHOLE week? What am I gonna do without you? :(

Greg and Tammy said...

DaNG! We're coming to your house for the Memorial Day BBQ and so you can "pimp our ride" like that sweet car you found at the Symphony.

Katie L. said...

I'm a little behind the times, but thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the good times engineer spotting at the zoo. We had a blast!