Thursday, May 1, 2008

At very long last!

Are you as bored with our blog as I am? Good grief! It took me long enough. But I have an excuse. We were in Hawaii! Here's the highlights:
We went to see the temple and BYU Hawaii and then we hung out on the North Shore...
Battled through a rather dense jungle with a muddy, rocky path and we were wearing flip flops...all to reach the top of the waterfall. The scenery was amazingly beautiful.

We took in the scenery...

from the top of this volcano which we hiked...
Just when we thought we were close to the top, we came upon THIS flight of stairs. It was huge, long and steep! I was definitely getting tired by this point (especially after hiking the waterfall the day before) but the view was completely worth it!

We made freinds with tons of sea animals at the Hawaii Sea Life park - Hawaii's version of Sea World. (Even this place was right on the beach. You could watch the waves crash the whole time you walked around the park!)

We visited Pearl Harbor...

Saw a submarine and then cruised out to the USS Arizona memorial where we saw the name of one of my ancestors on the monument...

Ambled through some beautiful gardens at the Dole Pineapple Factory, took a train ride through the plantation fields and saw all kinds of pineapple varieties...

Visited the Polynesian Cultural Center where Adam stole the show. Here he is playing the drums with his new found friend. You wouldn't believe this but Cornfed was working the crowd and had everyone in stitches by the time he got off the stage.

See, he even got a crown for his efforts. Isn't it dashing?

We visited a botanical garden and sampled the local fare....

And I tried to pull this giant pineapple from the ground...it didn't work, of course.

Of course we spent tons of time at the beach, eating ice cream and just relaxing. It couldn't have been a better trip. We loved it and I'm so glad to have gotten to go before the baby got here! But, as always, there's no place like home. It's good to be back.

20 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

It's about freaking time! My favorite moment is when Adam had his Polynesian Idol moment. Pretty dang awesome.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Wow, what a hard life! :) I'm glad you had an awesome time in Hawaii!

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

I love how you're conveniently blocked by something in every picture. I want to see that bump!

Becky said...

I agree with Mindy, whoever she is, you are hiding in the pictures. I can't blame you though. I wouldn't have been caught dead in a picture while I was pregnant. Unless, I looked as hot as you do. But alas I did not. I am totally jealous of your super fun trip. It makes me want to go back.
Thanks for FINALLY posting. Now I can stop bugging you about it.

Crystal said...

These are all great pictures but you're missing one important thing...the baby BELLY!! Hello!! I busted out the maternity clothes a while ago. It's high time you do too!! :-) I want to see a belly (on someones besides me).

Erica said...

MMMMMMMMM.. Please tell me you ate Dole Whip at the Plantation. Soooo heavenly.

Tamara said...

Everyone, I'd like to direct your attention to the shot of Adam and I at Pearl Harbor standing next to the anchor. Yes, folks, for your mocking pleasure, a full unobstructed picture of my full on belly!

Blacker Blog said...

That wasn't really a pineapple was it? OH, life before children - I don't even remember. Good for you for taking a great trip before diapers and throw up . . . oh, and lots of joy too. No, really, kids are better than Hawaii. Lucky!

rebecca said...

that has got to be the prettiest setting for a temple. looks like so much fun. your belly bump is the cutest!

Molly said...

DUDE!! What's up with the "Austin Powers"-esque tactical shots that hide your bump?? Flaunt it!!

Alex T. Valencic said...

Um, did you seriously refer to your husband as Cornfed?

Anyway, looks like y'all had a great time!

Rhia Jean said...

I am sooooo jealous!! Looks like you guys had fun though.

Katie L. said...

Next time, please invite me. Great photos, and great timing. You will be happy you did it when the baby comes, as darling and fun as they are it does limit your options!

Greg and Tammy said...

oooooooooooh! I am so jealous!!! And SMART SMART SMART to take a fun trip before the ball and chain, I uhhhh mean baby, gets here! What amazing pics! Glad your had a fantastic tim!

Lonn Hunter said...

I can't believe that Adam played the drums with the Tongan guy. I loved the Tongan and the Somoan exhibits at the PCC.

I guess I'm a little jealous. It's been almost 2 years since my last visit to Hawaii

Laura Jorgenson said...

Super fun. I'm way jealous. What I wouldn't give... Way to live it up before the babe:)

Adam said...

Lonn, the PCC was a great time! The Samoan tree climber was so cool. And the Tongan drums were just a lot of fun.

The people of Polynesia are just so laid back and happy. They smile easily. Maybe this comes from living on the prettiest plots of land the Lord created. But I don't know...just a guess.

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! you guys look like you had so much fun. what perfect pictures too. you look gorgeous with that tiny bump!

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous! We've been married over 7 years and still haven't made it to Hawaii. My goal is to go by our 10 year anniversary. It looks like you had a great time- and Tammy, are you even pregnant? You seriously can't even tell!