Saturday, March 29, 2008

The weekend update...

So, my awesome, hilarious, super chill brother in law Andrew was staying with us last week and Easter weekend. On Saturday morning when I rolled out of bed, I found Adam and Andrew out in the garage, greasy up to their elbows CHANGING MY BREAKS! (Without being asked, I might add!) Would YOUR brother in law do that when he's supposedly on vacation at your house? AND this all went down when there were countless March Madness games going on. Those of you who know Adam well will know this was an amazing sacrifice for him. And then they changed Adam's brakes too! Anyway, they did an amazing job despite my car's best efforts to be stubborn and make things difficult and I'm happy to report my brakes stop on a dime. Thanks fellas!
Then, my brother and his family (complete with Stephanie's Uncle Rick), came over to join us for Easter dinner.
As you can see, we broke out the super high class card table for the little guys to sit at. They don't seem to mind too much. (Check out my child prodigy nephew with his Rubix cube there at the table - notice how he's fully solved it.)
And above we have evidence that OCD must be genetic. Normally we keep a heap of stuffed animals in the toy room in the back for when the kiddos come to visit. Well, the kids were playing in the master bedroom while the grown ups visited over dessert. I went in to check on the kids after a while and found that they had taken all the stuffed animals from the toy room and stacked them, each by type of animal (note the pairs neatly stacked next to one another) in the window seat of the room. Pretty sure the kids are either OCD or they're doing their best to reinact Noah's arc with stuffed animals. Anyway, that was our Easter. How was yours?

7 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like a fun Easter. We had a good one too. (Brian only had to work half the day.) I admit I'm jealous that you can get car stuff done without going to the shop. We can't even change the oil here. Although, the other day we were talking about how that would be handy knowledge to have. Maybe someday we will get around to aquiring that knowledge. Until then... the greasy shop will have to do.

Andrew said...

That picture was taken during a very tense time for Adam and I. Remind me never to work on Adam's car ever again. I'll work on Reggie any day, though.

Sarah said...

That is so nice that Adam is handy and can do things like fixing the brakes- some people, including us, have to pay a lot of money to get those things done! I'm glad that you had a fun Easter and that you were able to spend it with family. How are you feeling?

Greg and Tammy said...

WOW. New brakes and newly organized stuffed animals? What more could you want from an Easter weekend? :)

Melanie said...

So here I am leisurely catching up with you via the blog, and as I am scrolling down and reading a post about how you and I must be the only people in the world not smoking the weed all the time, I notice a metion of an ultrasound in one of the comments. What the? Congratulation! Babies are the best adventure ever! If Lin knew this already and didn't mention it, he is in big trouble mister. (I just love long comments and run-on sentences, don't you?)

critts said...

wow - I'm super impressed that they were able to change the brakes so easily! I mean, seriously, who can do that??

Laura Jorgenson said...

Yes, I love having a handyman for a husband. It's the greatest and saves lots of money. The only problem is he won't ever let me buy any furniture because he says he could make it for a lot less. Too bad he never gets around to doing it. That would be why we have no furniture. Anyway, I digress...Easter was good. The kids enjoyed the thirty second easter egg hunt. Some day I'll put pictures on the blog.