Friday, March 21, 2008

It's not just me...right?

Today it's my oldest sister's birthday. She's the second from the left and she is pretty much the awesomest...seriously. She's just rad. Any of you out there reading this who knows her would have to agree, right?

Anyway, this photo made me think of my sisters and how much fun they are. I always feel like I got away with something being related to them...like I snuck into this super cool kids club without them knowing and now they have to love me. It's like the law or something. So then I was thinking that my brothers are every bit as awesome and fortunately, both brothers and sisters had the good sense (or probably good fortune) to marry someone as cool or cooler than they are!

So then I was thinking...every mom thinks her baby is the cutest. And they're right. Every baby can tie for the cutest, I think. So is that true of families too? Is everybody's family the coolest? Can we all tie for the most best families ever? Adam always teases me that we Lazerbeams think we're the coolest kids around. Help me out folks...you guys think your famlies are the coolest too, right?

12 comments:

critts said...

I'm right there with you - I think my family is the best. I love spending time with them and I drag poor Marcus to see them every month or two because I just can't stay away! Happy Birthday to your sister!

Rhia Jean said...

Uhhh...no, my family takes the award for the craziest. One time when I was a kid, I told my brother and sister, "Okay, you can stop acting now. I know what's going on." They looked at me like I was nuts, but I really thought they were acting and that my life was a big joke with a hidden camera somewhere...and I didn't get it. But for reals, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Becky said...

Yes, you are right. I feel like my fam is the best. I know we are totally insane but we are the best insane family out there. And it is great having 3 sisters. I talk to all of them most days. Brian thinks it's crazy but hey that is what free mobile to mobile was invented for. Sisters.

Blacker Blog said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, I've been meaning to invite you to mine, but I don't know you're email information to send an invitation.
We, my fam, also think we are the best. My in-laws have all found it a little annoying at first when they first joined the family, but with time, they all agree that our family is the best ever!

WhiteEyebrows said...

I have the best family ever. Period. We get the award for most off the wall personalities. The only thing we lack are a few true died-in-the-wool bleeding heart liberals.

hmm... maybe I should be wife-shoppping at the obama and hillary's dallas HQ or something.

Alex T. Valencic said...

Well, I don't know if I'd say that my family is the coolest... but I definitely have the coolest dad in the world. And my mum's pretty awesome. I've got five older brothers who are all way cool. And my two baby sisters are the best. So does that count?

Auntie Lolo said...

There is nothing better than sisters!!

Adam said...

Alex with a comment! Welcome aboard! What's new?

Greg and Tammy said...

Well let's just talk about how BEAUTIFUL you guys are!!

Crystal said...

Wow, you all look alike, right down to the teeth even. I want to see a picture of the whole family.

Blacker Blog said...

Hello again - I tried leaving a message for you, Tamara, on your cell phone, but didn't know how else to get a hold of you other than your blog. Did you get it by chance? If not, when you have time, could you give me a call?

Stephanie Johnson said...

I have the best normal family! They're great! Great enough to go visit for 3 weeks this summer!