Monday, December 10, 2007

Shake it like it's hot...


Happy birthday, Mr. Braun. Today we celebrate how awesome Adam is!

How do you not love a guy who will surprise you with AMAZING tickets to a baseball game on the Fourth of July because he knows your family goes every year and you were going to feel homesick if you didn't get to go.


Or who will study up on proper Nascar etiquette (as if there is such a thing) because you and one of your BFFs get the hairbrained idea that you really must go to Nascar, just once, if you're ever going to fully experience Texas. (Such a good sport. Hence the ear coverings pictured below.)

One of the greatest things about Adam is everyone just likes him. I've never known anyone to meet Adam and not just love him within minutes. In fact, people usually threaten to stop hanging out with me if I don't bring him along.

He's a better cook than I. It's only obvious that he's nicer than I am and he knows how to get that horribly annoying impossible plastic covering that batteries come in without breaking his hand or getting a jack hammer out. Plus, he's corn-fed. I mean, what's not to like?

11 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

Yeah for all things Adam!! I hope you had a great b-day yesterday, I text messaged you but frankly didn't get a response. But you do hate text messaging and it was your birthday, so I will forgive. Okay, I'm rambling. The party was great, your wife is a saint. That rhymed!! Can anyone tell that I have had too little sleep and too much diet coke??!! Signing off now.

Adam said...

Lois, thanks a bunch for the text. I think your hubby texted a couple of days ago and I have failed to return that one as well. I'm not hip to the texting fad...

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday again to you, Braun! Hope you had a good one Monday. We had a blast playing games with you guys and Lois and Doug the other night... and your house looks beeeeautiful!

Auntie Lolo said...

Hey Steph, we had a great time playing games with you too!! We have got to get together more often!!

Carrie L said...

Happy B-day Adam! Now that I know when it is, I can add it permanently to my calendar! Hope you had a great one and we wish we could have spent it with you!

Doug said...

To you, good sir, may all good things come. Your friends love you, your loved ones rally to your side to bolster you up - not an ill word is spoken of you, and if this was all that I knew about you, it would speak testaments of your character. You do so much for so many that history will be in awe of the life that you have lead.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Adam, and may all your living rooms be decorated with toilet paper and deviously hidden alarm clocks.

critts said...

Happy Birthday Adam! So sorry that Little Boy was freaking out the whole time too.

Molly said...

Happy belated birthday, Braun!

Stephanie said...

Hey Lois! You guys and Tamadams and us definitely gotta get together again some time. I'm DYING to play that game you and Tammy have been talking about! and... once we have marshmallow shooters, in the words of Lois... we may or may not have marshmallows flying everywhere at the Texas-Lisonbee's house. Marshmallow wars at our place, everyone!!! (Special thanks goes out to Michelle for this idea!)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Adam! I'm so glad that you found such a great guy and that you two are so happy together. You definitely got the ball this time!