Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Nothing Says Love Like...

1. A christmas tree, complete with lights. It's our first Christmas married and so Adam surprised me tonight with our very first Christmas Tree. He even tricked me into telling him what kinds of lights I like on my Christmas Tree and put those on so that when I walked in the door this evening, I could smell the wonderful smell of pine and there was a soft glow in our dining room from the tree. AND he was even so thoughtful to wait on ornaments to let me pick out just the ones I wanted.
















2. Hot Tamales. They are my favorite candy and Adam brought some home to surprise me! And better yet, he even wrapped it (complete with a bow) and put my little present on the tree. I love surprises even more than almost anything I can think of and I got 2 in one night! This is the best Wednesday night of my life. Thanks Adam! Maybe this week will turn out better than I thought... :)

10 comments:

Molly said...

Woohoo!! Nothing like a REAL christmas tree and candy to make your night great. :)

Stephanie said...

Yaaay! Christmas Tree! What a great spot too! Great job, Adam.

Carrie L said...

What a sweetie you have! That's pure love.

Courtney said...

Awe, thats precious. Adam may not know it, but he's setting quite the standard for my future husband. Poor guy.

Sarah said...

What a nice husband you have! Your tree looks great- I'm excited to see what ornaments you put on it!

Auntie Lolo said...

Yipee for a tree!! And kudoos to Adam for the great surprise!! Can't wait to see it!!

Matty said...

Adam, thanks for ruining it for me. It is also coincidentally my first Christmas married…and my wife just read your blog…how am I supposed to top that? I knew that I should not let Lisa read your guys’ blog…oh well. At least you are making Tammy happy. I was thinking that for a last minute gift idea, I might just have to go get myself a blue leisurely suit and then kidnap Lisa’s boss and put a big ribbon on his head and bring him back to the house and put him next to a Christmas tree with a Baby Ruth (Lisa’s Favorite) wrapped up under it. As a obviously wise husband, I would like your advice, how do you think that would go over?

Adam said...

Matt, in the words of my sagacious wife, "...it will be the gift that keeps on giving!"

A Christmas tree doesn't hold a flame to a leisure suit and a kidnapped boss. Nice work!

cat said...

what a doll. a man after my own heart, white lights and lots of them! sorry to hear about your car, and LOVE the manger scene.

critts said...

What a great husband! I love the smell of real Christmas trees.