Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ready or not, here we go...

 So, I was switching a load of laundry.  Scarlett was sleeping on her blanket on the floor and the big girls were playing in their room.  I came back to find this.  The girls had each brought out their favorite blanket and covered Scarlett up with them.  Then they created a nest out of pillows from the couch that they built around poor unsuspecting baby Scarlett (who, bless her heart, slept through the entire affair.)  Then, they both brought in their favorite stuffed animals and stacked them next to Scarlett so she could snuggle them while she slept.
 I could not believe how long Natty stayed there.  I thought she'd get bored and go running off to do something (because she has an attention span similar to mine) but she didn't.  She was just so happy snuggle (and/ or unwittingly almost smother) her sister.
 This is how we most often find Natalie.  She is the official paci finder.  She wanders around the house looking for pacis and handing them to whomever is holding Scarlett...and if no one is holding her, Natty takes matters into her own hands.
 But the love doesn't stop there.  The girls can't stop snuggling each other since Scarlett came on the scene.  They are always pretty much sitting on top of one another whenever they are holding still.  It's so funny!

 This is how Daddy spent "paternity leave."  Working all day on his computer while the girls did their best to get his attention and lure him out to play with them.  Even though he had to work every day, it was still nice having him home.  The kids are just different (read: happier, sane, less manic, etc.) when daddy is home.  It's just better when Dad is home.
 Randomly, this is just a pic of Scarlett after her first bath that I just had to post.  Can't you just smell the baby lotion?  I love squishy, clean, brand new babies!
 Adam's friends sent a sweet litte baby gift basket for Scarlett and in it were the two cutest little medals for the bigger girls that said "New Big Sister."  The girls were so excited to put them on and they wore them to church, reportedly for all three hours.  I can't stand how much fun we're having here.  3 girls at a time.  We'll be insane before long, I'm sure, but we'll have a great time doing it.  :)
Much to my dismay, Nana was needed elsewhere so she left on Sunday night.  She was so awesome.  Seriously, I don't know if I would have made it through labor let alone recovery and the week after without my live in nurse/ mama/ other brain/ right hand woman.  I love you mom!  Thanks for helping me pretend like I have it all together.  We miss you already!