Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A brand new Braun!

 What on earth?  I can't get these pics to rotate the right way but anyway...out of respect for tradition, here is Mama right before delivery.  Doesn't 9 months pregnant looks SO GLAM?  Seriously people, let this be a lesson to you next time you see a cute baby and think ...aw, it wasn't SO hideous when I was pregnant. :) 
 Here's our little family of 4 before we became a family of 5!
 And 15 hours after we got the party started, my little beauty made her appearance.  She has got a mind of her own but that shouldn't surprise us.  A beautiful 8 lbs even and 21 inches long.  Do you LOVE those cheeks because WE ADORE THEM!
 Daddy looks great after 15 hours of labor, doesn't he? 
 I was just as giddy as I could possibly be.  I got a brand newgorgeous perfect baby out of the deal.  I couldn't be happier.
 Here's Nana who also weathered labor well.  Check the clock behind her, folks.  It says 1:10...that's a.m.!  Do you look that great at 1 am?  Because I sure don't!
 It was the best when the girls came.  We were so happy to see them in the morning and, despite our nerves, they were in love with the baby from the minute they saw her.  (p.s. daddy did their hair AND dressed them and they don't even look like orphans!)
 We are all vying for title of her biggest fan but Elizabeth is sure making a pretty good push.  She can not get enough of her.  She just stares and sings and smiles and talks.  She tells the baby that she'll be right back any time she has to leave the room.  She tells her where she's going and when she's coming back and gives her at least a dozen kisses.  Too cute!
 Natalie loves to bring her her paci and always drops her stuffed animals into the baby's bassinet when I'm not looking so the baby doesn't feel sad or get lonely. 
 I am so in love with the way they stare at her and are so curious and loving.  It's adorable.  They just took to her she had been in our family since they could remember and it was so sweet!
Oh, and Elizabeth still spends most of her days like this.  Little miss Scarlett is so lucky to have two big sisters that adore her.  And we are about the happiest parents in the world to have 3 beautiful little girls.  What can we say?  Some folks have all the luck!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

She's adorable. And, P.S. you look glam too after 15 hours. You also look fantastic 9 months pregnant. I think I stopped looking that good at about 4 months with number 3.

Crystal said...

Congrats! I must admit I was a little ticked when I found out the name. That was on my "if I ever have a girl" list. Oh well. YOu all look great. can't wait to see her in person. Who does she look like?

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Um....hello, you need to post more, I didn't even know you were pregnant!! Congratulations, she is beautiful! You have got some gorgeous girls!! Post more pictures!! :)

Lois Lane said...

Congrats on your newest addition. And you family is absolutely stunning!

The Risdons said...

I was excited to see a new post! A lot has happened while you've taken a blogginb break. Congrats!

Becky said...

I'm so happy everything went so well and that you are hanging in there. We will be back next week (really this weekend I hope). Can't wait to meet her! She is so precious! You are one lucky momma.

Laura Jorgenson said...

What cute girls!! Love it! Hope you got some purple for her:)