Monday, April 20, 2009

Why I decided to celebrate Good Friday this year...

Because since I'm no longer a lawyer, it actually turned out to be good. We just went to the zoo, but since it was a weekday and Adam was not at work, we decided it was a celebration.

We hung out with the zebras.



Adam introduced her to the elephants.

Elizabeth tried her hand at being the Elephant Whisperer. (She's been working hard on her elephant sounds.)

The elephants were unresponsive.

So she settled for a ride on the back of the bronze elephant statue.

And then a nap just about the time we got to the exhibit where the otter was doing flipturns that would make Michael Phelps jealous. Those little guys are incredible and quite cute, if I may be so bold.

Good news though. She woke up just in time to see what happens to very naughty monkeys.

Both of them sent to the corner. Let that be a lesson to them.

You know, I've never been one who loves the zoo but this one has changed my mind. It's so shady and well designed and the exhibits allow you to get so close to the animals. Plus, a pretty cute little girl who squeals with delight at any animal that moves is a pretty good draw too. Stay tuned. If Good Friday was good, Saturday was great!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like lots of fun. Ellie is just so darn cute! Love how she sticks her little tongue out.

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

So cute! That tongue, gotta love that tongue!!

Chelise said...

Ah! I LOVE THE ZOO! Those monkeys bums are so funny looking. I bet they thing human buns are just as weird.

So when are you coming up to Cali again? Maybe we can meet up and plan the wedding of our children...they would be cute together! Elizabeth is a babe!

Peck your arm for me,
Chelise

Stephanie Johnson said...

Haha, I love your last picture of the "end"! What zoo did you go to? I've never been to a Texas zoo yet. And as always, adorable pictures!

Lois Lane said...

Your family is so stinking cute!

Sarah said...

I'm so impressed that she actually slept in her stroller- my kids never did that. I'm with you on never really liking the zoo, but taking your kids and seeing their excitement makes it all worth it. Glad you had a good time!

Lonn Hunter said...

So, since you're "no longer a lawyer", do you still laugh at lawyer jokes?

Marisa said...

Gotta love the zoo! And I absolutely adore Elizabeth's facial expressions. The pic with her tongue hanging out is precious. Can't wait to see you guys next week!!

cat said...

SO dang cute. she is a doll. you look gorgeous as well. she totally got your eyes, lucky girl.
don't you love seeing things through your kids' eyes? it changes everything.