Friday, September 5, 2008

Party at the Braun house!

We're having more fun than we can handle. Our good friend Adam Findley came into town and was absolutely magic with his super awesome camera. I am now in possession of an entire CD of adorable candids of my baby like this one. That kid should charge for his work. He's unreal!



And my sister Courtney came into town. I always feel a little cooler for having hung out with her. Elizabeth loved her, as evidenced by the fact that Courtney could get her to go to sleep when Adam and I could not.



We had the best time and can't wait until she comes back at the end of the month. (and yes, for all of you who noticed, she is in fact the younger cuter version of me, but I try not to hate her for that.) :)



Elizabeth also got to meet another of our all time favorite people, Miss Rhia Jean. I'm pretty sure these two will be fast friends and if we have any luck, some of Rhia's awesomeness will rub off on our baby.



Last but not least, Elizabeth got to meet her Uncle Sam. She decided he looked snuggly enough to spit up on right away. Fortunately, Sam didn't seem to mind too much and was no worse for the wear. Besides, she could sense his love for AI I think and that bonded them instantly.



We have been so blessed to be the beneficiaries of so much kindness and visits from people who had to travel quite a ways to get here. Thanks for all your help. It's too bad that it seems you get the most help at a time in your life when you have the least time to appropriately thank those who give it or are willing to give it, but we'll catch up one of these days I hope! (I will, won't I?)

12 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

oh my goodness! That first pic is amazing!! She is such a doll face! So fun to have so many people come and oooh and aaahh, huh?

Becky said...

I love those pictures. And so timely. Just when I was hounding you for more. I wish I could be there to see her cuteness in person. You will just have to continue to content me with pictures and stories and videos. When will you do some video? It is super easy.
Maybe you can bring her to visit here sometime! Just putting it out there.

drfindley said...

Visiting sure was terrific! I had such a fun/relaxing time and to top it off with a UCLA win, how could it go better?

Here are my fav pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drfindley/sets/72157607074433614/

The Risdons said...

She really is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. You and Courtney are both so beautiful, and actually, I think you're even prettier now than you were in high school:-) Are you ever gonna check out my blog? I need your email address. Love Karlye

Rhia Jean said...

Okay, its confession time. After I left, I kept smelling my hands b/c they smelled like baby. It's like the most retarded thing I have ever done. I just couldn't stop.

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of her is beautiful!! She keeps getting prettier!

Sarah said...

It's so nice to have so much help after having a baby. How fun that Courtney came out to visit- you guys really do look a lot alike- both of you are beautiful!

Brooke said...

Congrats Tammy. She is so beautiful. We have an Ellie too. :)

Blacker Blog said...

If I haven't commented already - she's adorable! When you are feeling up to it, would you like to start walking in the park with me in the mornings? I'm flexible. We both live relatively close to the park, it might be fun. I'm not sure if you still have the same email, so this is the only way I know how to get a hold of you.

cat said...

i agree with sarah - you look hot! i think we need a close up of your hair.
as for your little girl. she is just beautiful. i wish that i could see her and hold her!

marcus said...

She's adorable! And for all of you who joined in on the earlier discussion of Star Wars, please see this clip from last night's season premiere of "How I Met Your Mother" in which seeing and liking Star Wars is a precondition to marrying Ted. I apologize for the inappropriate joke at 23 seconds, but Stella's rendition of Star Wars at about 40 seconds in is the funniest thing you'll ever see. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/video/video.php?cid=544192181&pid=hzPcQLXJibqOMGci6Sm8xGDeDwAKA1YX&play=true

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Hey Tammy it's Alyssa Perry (Haub). I hope you don't mind that I stumbed onto your blog. Elizabeth is sooo pretty! I love the pictures! Looks like your and Courtney had a fun time. Talk to you soon!