Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

As I have been accused of being a hermit in the past weeks, I wanted to assure you all that I'm fine and am not hiding from anyone. Quite the contrary, though, Elizabeth is the best toy I've ever had.

However, in full recognition of the fact that I deserve all the ribbing I've been getting for being remiss in my blogging, I thought I'd provide an update of what's been going on at the Casa Braun. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll let the following photos do the talking.






Yep, that'd about sum it up. Collapsing in a heap the minute Elizabeth decides to go to sleep. What a great reason to be tired though. The day before Elizabeth was born, I read a quote that said "many speak of the toil and frustration that comes when a new baby is born, but few whisper of the wonder." So, if I'm honest, that's the real reason that I've been lagging with my blogging. I just can't stop staring at the baby. We just LOVE being parents!

Stay tuned, though. Elizabeth was blessed this weekend and so I've go tons of great pics to post.

14 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

She is a jewel. Love the quote.

Sarah said...

There is nothing better than a sleeping baby! She is adorable- I'm glad that you are loving being a mom. It is so hard, yet so rewarding- I love it!

Molly said...

I think the last poster summed it up...so hard, but so rewarding. Glad you are all doing so well - when are you coming out to the Keene Compound?

Greg and Tammy said...

Glad you have been able to sleep when she sleeps!! She is an absolute doll!!

Crystal said...

How's the sleeping going? Any luck with my suggestion?

Rhia Jean said...

That baby is so darn friggin' cute! And yes, you do need to come see my house since you didn't make it to the par-tay...which was probably a good thing since Hurricane Ike came as well as a bajillion people all crammed into my living room...which turned out to be really fun, but maybe not so much with a sick baby. :)

Becky said...

I just love, love, love her little nose! It is so cute! I am so glad that you posted. I have finally gotten the internet set up at my appartment so I am back up and running.
And, yes, I am a Skyper. My user name is bbgillespie. Look me up! I would love to hear from you soon. Just don't call after about 3 pm your time as I will be going to sleep then. Well, I should be at least. I know it is after that time right now. I am totally going to bed.

Blacker Blog said...

You must be collapsing right after walking, like I do everyday.

cat said...

glad someone is getting some sleep around here!
love these pictures, i love a sleeping baby, how they make those cute little noises, or stretch with their eyes closed, smile or even how their little feet get all fatter because they are so hot. just the smell of their sweet skin...
but no matter how cute these pictures are, i want to see ones of her awake!

Katie L. said...

I'm such a loser, it has taken me so long to catch up with even reading all my fav blogs, let alone posting on mine. Cute sleepy pictures! All my newborn baby pics look exactly the same. Turns out, it's the only time you have two hands free to grab the camera!

Suzi said...

Elizabeth is SO cute and the pictures of you two sleeping with her are priceless.

Alex T. Valencic said...

You know, I am quite envious of you! It'll still be at least another year before I can have my own pictures like this... but I am definitely looking forward to it!

On a couple of tangential notes:

I don't have to work in the inner-city to get the loan forgiveness - just a low-income area (of which there are thousands).

I think I am more comfortable with voting for a lesser of two evils only because I still hold to a glimmer of hope that Congress will never let the POTUS mess things up TOO badly... But even voting for a write-in falls under the category of doing *something* ;-)

Tracey said...

Tammy....she is beautiful! We loved getting to meet you, Adam, and your beautiful angel. Enjoy!

critts said...

She's adorable! I love the pictures. I just wish more sleeping was happening around here! It's just not happening with a hyper toddler.