Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Doobie doobie doo.

On my way into work this morning, I heard on the radio (KIIS FM, if you must know and yes, that is a reliable news source, thank you very much) that nearly every politician in the race to lead our country has admitted to use, some of them admitting to frequent use, of marijuana and other controlled substances. So then the DJs go around the room asking who else in the room has similarly partaken. Pretty much everyone. They made the point that drug use really ain't no thing anymore and nobody should get worked up if the commander in chief wants to take a hit every now and again...

So I'm left to wonder. As you all know, I'm not that hip. I'm pretty sure I've got nerd written all over me so I would appreciate it if those of you who are cooler than I would inform me as to the following: 1. Am I the only one in the free world who does not walk around high for the better part of my day? 2. Is it concerning to anyone else that the otherwise at least arguably capable human with his or her presidential finger on the proverbial "red button" may or may not be under the influence of an illicit drug? and 3. Is it really that cool? Because if so, perhaps I should not knock it until I try it. Anyone???

13 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

Ok seriously, going from your ultrasound picture to a picture of pot? HILARIOUS.

Katie L. said...

Not quite as hilarious as "doobie doobie doo"

Stephanie said...

All I can say is... wow! The world we live in is scary sometimes! I think those DJ's were high.

Adam said...

Is that what my wife is growing in her secret lab? I always wondered...

WhiteEyebrows said...

This is like teenage boys in a locker room. Now I know, you probably never experienced teenage boys in a locker room, so let me enlighten you...

There's nothing a teenage boy in a locker room hasn't done. All actual truth is irrelevant in a boys locker room.

I know... it's stupid. But, you know, we all have to 'keep up with the jones' and well, if Mr. Jones is smoking 1 reefer a day, I'm smoking 3.

And no, you aren't the only puritanical undrugged one out there... so don't feel too bad. Maybe we should form a club...

Becky said...

If it makes you feel any better I am not a drug addict either. I have never done any of that stuff cuz my parents scared us kids to death that we would die an ignominious death if we even smoked a cigarette or took a drink. I still fully believe that I would be that one freak that dies the first time she tries any drug and so I remain alive and drug free.

Laura Jorgenson said...

What's better, a Clinton or Obama high on drugs, or no drugs? Neither one is a great option.

By the way, no one's allowed to know what Isma's growing in her secret lab.

critts said...

Oh my gosh - I was listening to the same thing. Astonishing.

Greg and Tammy said...

I come from Kentucky where Mary Jane is grown right along side the tulips and smoked just as common. It is scary that most people think iy's "OK" and "not a big deal".

Courtney said...

Tammy, haven't you ever heard those potheads that swear they drive better high? Well that's the idea behind the doobie-smoking politicians, they make better decisions on behalf of our country when they're high. And I would actually agree with your suggestion that you shouldn't knock it till you try it because college has been a breeze since I picked up MJ (and I don't mean Micheal Jackson) again. My teachers have all been giving me D's for Dang strait your essay on "The Puppy That Lost Its Way" was completely applicable to the topic at hand.

Unknown said...

You know, they call them fingers but I never see them fing.

...oh, there they go.

Adam said...

is that a movie line Lars?

Unknown said...

That would have been the Simpsons episode "Weekend at Burnsie's," where Dr. Hibbert gives Homer a prescription for marijuana.