Sunday, November 18, 2007

The day I lost all pride...


Well, I guess since you folks are friends of mine, it's safe to share this with you. For the backdrop behind the humiliation of my lifetime, I take you to a video arcade. No, that's right. I said a video arcade.
So, I got to go along with my friend Lois on a scavengar hunt her husband had set up for her birthday. It was hilarious and a lot of fun until this... Our last stop was at a video arcade. Did I have to beat the Dragon/ Firebreathing Turtle on Supermario Bros to save the Princess and get the prize at the hunt's end? No. Did I have to get the little frog across the road without getting splatted by the cars? Negatory.
Indeed, I had to milk a mechanical cow. AND I had to have my pictured taken in doing it. And that, Saturday, November 18, 2007 was the day my pride died.

6 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

I understand losing your pride in an arcade. In fact I may be the only other person to understand this b/c I HAD TO MILK THE FREAKING COW RIGHT BEFORE YOU DID!! At least, I beat you......:)

Thanks for coming to my birthday celebration

Tamara said...

Oh sure Lois. It's not enough that I lost my pride but you had to rub it in that I was terrible at the activity that robbed me of my pride in the first place! jeez.

Molly said...

Oh. My. GOSH. I am SO angry that I wasn't there now. I would have totally gotten down there and milked that mechanical cow.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the hair color! That's the color I want to have!

critts said...

That is hilarious! I so wish I had been there to see that! Love the new hair color - can't wait to see it in person!

Doug said...

FYI - it was Saturday, November 17th. The 18th was a Sunday. Check your calendar.

I, personally, think you loved ever single minute of it.