Saturday, July 24, 2010



To you, they are just a pair of baby sandals. However, to Elizabeth, they are much more. When Nana was out here visiting months ago, she couldn't resist these little shoes. We got in the car and she turned around and handed them to Elizabeth who was already securely fastened into her car seat. Upon first glimpse of them, my little 18 month old baby cooed and said "oooohhh. cooot!(her version of cute)."

Nana was pleased with her purchase but had no idea the monster she'd created. It was that pair of shoes from which my little babe derived her obsession with shoes. And who can blame her? You should see her little baby feet and pink toenails in them, or any shoes really. In fact, I often find 2 or more pairs of my shoes lying around the house because she needed to try them on and wear them around the house as well. A word of caution though. Heaven help the unwitting grown up who wants to help her put them on. Be prepared to hear "My turn put on shoes!" I'll admit that it is pretty great to not have to scrunch my ever growing self down to put her shoes on for her though. Her timing could not be better. Now if only I could get her to clean her own room...:)

4 comments:

drfindley said...

I'm surprised it took her this long. I'd be wondering if sh wasn't your daughter if she didn't have a healthy appreciation of shoes.

Lindsay said...

Love the cute family picture on top. You can't even tell you are prego and it is soooo close! Yea! Abby is a clothes diva. She tries on several outfits a day, along with accessories but her favorite is her swimsuit which might be a hint...that and she tells me pool and towel repeatedly.

cat said...

she is SO her mama's daughter! and i L O V E the pic on top. you look gorgeous!
elizabeth talks SO dang well!
edie loves shoes too. she is constantly bringing me mine, and holding up her little finger and saying "one moe shoe?"
but she appreciates me being her slave and putting them on for her!;)

Marisa said...

Okay, those sandals could not be more darling! And how fun that Elizabeth is into shoes. One can never have too many shoes...