Saturday, July 24, 2010

It was a tough day...

You moms of little ones will understand. Those days when you can't seem to say or do anything that doesn't annoy the little darling. Early the next morning, I took her outside to enjoy some morning sun. She insisted (and I do mean insisted) that I put her down, even though she didn't have any shoes on. I obliged because I was not prepared to have another day like the one before.

She scurried off...




To bring me this. "Here, Mama," she says, "a flower! Mama want another flower? I get you another flower?" I smiled at her and told her it was beautiful and she beamed back at me for a minute before she ran off to find another flower for me. Yes, I know I should be apalled at the state my back yard was in that day before it had its weekly grooming. And yes, I know it's just a weed. But in her mind it was something beautiful that she knew I would love and she wanted to give it to me. And she was so proud of herself for making me so happy. How can you not love a baby who knows Mama loves flowers and runs to get them for her at her first opportunity?


Don't you love that about babies? They don't even remember from one day to the next that they hated your guts yesterday. Maybe she will think I'm cool one day...one day far far away. But some day it will happen. We're gonna make it, she and I. We'll be besties. I can feel it. :)

No comments: