Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring



Winter,

Do my eyes decieve me? Are there blossoms on the trees in the Brauns' back yard? Sent by one called Spring? Could it be? Are your frigid tormenting clutches finally relaxing their relentless grip on us? Indeed, does your demise bring with it another reason to go on living? I daresay yes!! I even put on shorts today to celebrate, or rather to puncutate my glee at the early signs of your surrender to my beloved Spring. And may I say that it is about time. Long overdue, at that. But better late than never. And by the way, neener neener.

And to you, Spring. You sure have taken your time this year. I'll confess that I began to doubt. I wondered if you'd lost your way back to us. But all is forgiven. Flowers will do that to a girl. Even if you did just splash them willy nilly on any tree in the neighborhood. I'm not picky. I'll take them any way you send them. I've missed you, my Dear. Call your friend Summer and tell him not to dawdle, won't you? Thanks, Darling. Now make yourself at home and let's agree that you'll stay awhile, shall we?

Kisses,

Tamara

8 comments:

allison nadauld said...

Well said. Welcome Spring!!!

Teachinfourth said...

You have a wonderful way with words. Beautifully written…

BTW, I stumbled across your blog because of a mutual friend, Allison. She has us both on her sidebar, so I clicked over because your title was hopeful.

Rachel said...

AMEN. Love Spring and all that comes with it, except the shorts, which I refuse to wear.

P.S. I almost fell out of my chair in excitment to see a new blog post from Tamara. It's the little things, you know.

Marisa said...

Splendid! Wonderful Spring indeed. Please send some my way???

Adam said...

Sick of blessed comment spammers...

cat said...

love this post. but love the fact even more that you are posting again. i need to see pictures of your little curly-haired blue eyed babe!

Anonymous said...

Charming post on a well chosen topic. Very nicely done. Looking forward to reading more. :)

sport said...

que tonteria