Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where has the time gone?



Surely someone out there remembers when we still looked like this, right? Back when our big worry was whether the linens at our reception would be a shade of almond or creme. OK, maybe that was my big worry and Adam's big worry was if I'd ever stop talking about indistinguishable shades of tan but I digress. I've been laughing all day thinking about what a fuss I made over the wedding and that's SO not even the good part about finding the proverbial one and getting married! You make this huge deal over one day when really it's every day after that really matters. It's true though. The wedding is pretty huge for one reason. Your life changes completely on that one day. And while it's built up to be the best day of your life, aren't we all so lucky that it's not? Sure, it was the best day I'd had so far, but tomorrow always holds more.

So to those nay sayers out there who say you couldn't possibly be happier married than you were single, I say bologna! I am. And I was really happy single! But just as the gospel adds joy to a life that was already pretty great, having someone who loves you unconditionally, who knows you inside and out and still finds reasons to think you're spectacular, and who gives you the sweetest baby in the entire world could adds greater joy to an already pretty happy girl. Thanks, Adam. Here's to one more year down and here's to a mazillion more to come.

18 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

sniff sniff... ain't life grand

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love you post, you guys are awesome!!

Sandy said...

Love it! So true. It just makes me heart break for all those who have to go through the "finding the one" process more than once.

Greg and Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary...

Now where are some pics of that "baby" of yours?

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary! Our #8 is coming up soon! I'm really wondering where the time has gone! And I totally agree that married life ROCKS!!! As does married life with kids! It just keeps getting better and better!

drfindley said...

Happy Anniversary! Who'd have thought all those years ago you'd be as incredibly happy as you are now? Congrats!

Tyson said...

All I really have to say is that: "Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A"

Do you hate lawyers as much as I do? Cause I hate 'em a lot. And nice use of mazillion! Plus, I knew you when you were single and you really weren't that happy.

Congrats on the anniversary! Way to be. Your husband is a saint. ;-)

Adam said...

I am one lucky guy. I don't know any other ladies out there who can count to a mazillion...

Marisa said...

It's the most fabulous engagement picture ever! Glad we get to see it again. Happy anniversary!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding really was beutiful- I can't believe it's been 3 years!

Lois Lane said...

I say you two still do look like this. You want to alk difference, look at Carter and my engagement picture and now! :0)

cat said...

love it! adam is right - he IS lucky! ;)

Ashly said...

Congrats you guys! And seriously, where have you been? I have been checking you blog religiously for your updates. But don't go to mine because I am way worse!

Blacker Blog said...

Where is this coming from? Look at me I have a great life and a wonderful husband, look at me look at me.

natalie said...

Hi!
just visiting randomly from the "next blog button". :)

I love that picture! And you're right... I had an outdoor reception, and it rained ALL night the night before, and it was so muddy. Not at all how I had pictured it! :) But wonderful just the same.

Julie Marie said...

I'm planning my wedding (as seen in my wedding blog!) but reading your post was inspiring and warming! Thanks!

searchme27 said...

ah man you couldn't have said it any better, i love that, from a happily married woman to another, i wish u and ur hubby the best

Unknown said...

Grate subject I have just share my views from top to bottom as I see them.
I feel this is a good simply because it’s consistent with how the user is used to seeing the comment form and filling out information in general. Filling out the name and email wont take me much time, and if you really wanted to go ahead and type the comment first, you can do so, not really that big of a work around. I’m
academic degree