Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ode to Robitussin



Robitussin. Sweet Robitussin. Keeper of all who suffer from winter weather chest colds. My how our years together have flown.
As a child, I reluctantly choked you down and shivered at your amazingly hideous flavor. I only took you because my mom made me. But you forgave my insensitivity. my foolishness.
Yes, you willingly stayed with me through years of higher education in the frozen tundra (or the functional equivalent in my mind) where winter lasts forever. always there when i needed you. always that same incredibly bad taste. but i've embraced it now because you're worth it. So worth it.
And now, sweet robitussin, you come again in my time of need. when all forces in the universe seem to conspire against any cough and cold relief. you alone managed to weasel your way onto the pediatrician's list of approved drugs for moms of young babies. you shrewd thing, you.
If only they made slurpees out of you. then would my life be complete.

5 comments:

Blacker Blog said...

You're a regular Ralph Waldo or Henry David - beautiful!

Andrew said...

isnt that ode on the back of the box? way to be original.....

Adam said...

It should be on the back of the box. I need to forward this to one of their reps...

Marisa said...

Oh, I'm sorry you've been sick!! I've had the crud for the past week too and I even managed to get pink eye on top of that. I wonder if Robitussin has a cure for pink eye?

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!