Tuesday, March 17, 2009

In-N-Out poser #2 exposed...please make it stop.

Elizabeth and I went to lunch with Sara and Chandler at this place that calls itself Mooyah.

First of all, the overly enthusiastic guy at the register had the audacity to tell us that we were going to forget we ever liked In-n-out after eating their food AND that their fries would blow In-N-Out's fries out of the water. Them are fighting words in my book.






Here is their menu. They have an option to order your food "Mooyah Style." This is the poser way of saying "animal style" but please do not be fooled. Their Mooyah sauce, which said overly enthusiastic guy falsely claimed was a tangy thousand island sauce, was just wrong. Like bordering on inedible.

What's worse is Sara managed to wipe it off of her burger after deciding it was too gross to eat and then declared that what remained of her burger was SO disgusting that the nasty sauce was actually an improvement. MAYDAY! So she moved to the fries...

Again with the styrofoam cup?!?!? STOP IT! I couldn't eat the fries because they fry them in the same oil as their chicken fingers. Yep. You heard me right. Chicken fingers. Does a copycat of In-N-Out have any business serving chicken fingers? In any case, it turns out I wasn't missing anything. Sara said she'd rather eat fries from just about anywhere else. Read: She was decidedly NOT blown away.

And look at this face. Poor Chandler!

You know fastfood is bad when you can't even get a little guy to eat his fries or hot dog. (Oh yes, they serve hot dogs there...that are even indedible to 3 year olds. AHHHHHHHHH!)





Please note that I am about to shamelessly spread a rumor, the veracity of which I have not even attempted to verify. I have heard it now from more that 3 sources so it has evolved from gossip to a full-fledged rumor. Please also note that if you can disprove this rumor, I don't want to know as I am living on hope and hope alone and would prefer to not know if my hope is to be destroyed. And now the rumor...

I hear that In-N-Out is looking to open an undisclosed number of franchises in Texas, one of which is rumored to be going in off of Coit and 121. Please, if there is mercy in this world...

7 comments:

The Risdons said...

That would be great...but when I worked there, the owners said they'd never go east of nevada. I hope you get lucky!

Tamara said...

Karl, they're already in Utah. :)

Carrie L said...

What an embarrassment to society. I'm sorry you had to smell such rubbish!

Emili said...

Those fries look gross. I mean SERIOUSLY, as if they could even compare. I'm sorry you had to suffer so. They are opening one THIS FALL (or at the end of the summer maybe) in Draper. Why wouldn't they make it to Texas?? It'll just probably take like 15 years. And the world might end first, but I totally wouldn't rule it out...

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

You poor picked on thing!! Those pesky places that think they are as good!
I think you need to plan a trip to Utah this fall for In-N-Out, since Utah is closer than California!! They are supposed to also build one in West Jordan at Jordan Landing which just happens to be about 2 miles from my house (if that), so you can always stay with us and do the daily In-N-0ut run (Wayne is already planning our daily runs when it first opens).
I'm just saying...

Molly said...

It's a rumor...but we love Mooyah, and the guys who came up with the concept actually modeled it off not only In and Out, but several burger franchises in the NE. Sorry you had a bad batch, because it's usually super good!

Sarah said...

You SO need an Inn-n-Out in Texas. I feel sad for anyone that is forced to live a life where they can't get a cheeseburger animal style with no pickles whenever they want. I will pray for you.