Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In-N-Out poser exposed.

It all started out when we decided to take Elizabeth to the Galleria for the first time. I love a girl who loves shopping!

We had heard all about this hamburger place at the Galleria that could rival In-N-Out. Since Adam and I have seriously contemplated making a special trip out to Cali just to get a neopolitan shake or a double double, we thought we'd give this more local option a try. The place is called 5 Guys, Burgers and Fries and this is the menu.

Those of you fellow In-N-Out lovers are probably already breaking out into hives at the sight of the menu. Well, before you completely break down, let me say that it's not as bad as you think. The burgers are fresh and they taste good...just not In-N-Out good. Elizabeth was even willing to take one for the team and finish mine for me.



The fries are just fine, I guess. I mean, they come in a styrofoam cup. What is that about? I'm just sayin'.



Fortunately, we made sure that we rushed Elizabeth to In-N-Out immediately upon arriving in Cali for Christmas so she was not fooled by this imposter restaurant. Even though the guy we had take the picture below was clearly not coherent, we thought better of having him retake it since we were interrupting his consumption of a double double and I find that to be a crime of gargantuan proportion.



Anyway, if you're in the neighborhood and like a good burger then go ahead and swing by but for the love, if you hear anyone compare it favorably to In-N-Out, report that person to the proper authorities immediately as he or she is clearly suffering from some sort of altered state of consciousness.

9 comments:

Marisa said...

*GASP* Not the styrofoam cup!! How dare they do that?!?! So now the question is, do I go to Cali to get the real In-N-Out or to Dallas to visit Tams and to try the imposter version...

Tamara said...

That's not even funny Marisa. Move back to Dallas or else!

Blacker Blog said...

Have you ever tried Scotty P's?

The Risdons said...

haha. we have pictures with Easton as a baby. I used to work at INO you know...I know all the secrets:-)

cat said...

um. i don't even eat meat and i adore the cheese sandwiches at
in-n-out, and the fries? yum.
i am lovin' the picture of elizabeth on her daddy's shoulders. stinkin' cute!

Molly said...

Also a good faux In and Out is Mooyah. They're the closest I have EVER had. Opening one by our house - good excuse to come and see me!!

Sarah said...

I'm glad to see that Elizabeth is wearing BYU gear- you're stearing her in the right direction introducing her early to Inn-n-Out and BYU!

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Oh Tammy, I now have another reason for you to come visit us in the great state of Utah...It was just announced this week that In-and-Out will be building a restaurant in Draper!! Yes, that is Draper Utah, right up the road from my place of business!! So it's settled, you need to come to Utah!!
And yeah, they have 5 Guys here and they aren't as good, although their fries are better than the pathetic excuse for fries that In-and-Out serves...

Lonn Hunter said...

OK, so I'm not a native californian, but I did run into 5 Guys in Washington, DC and thought there were pretty good. I may have to try them out since I work about 3 blocks from there.