Sunday, January 27, 2013

She's back.

Once upon a time, I called my oldest sister (aka my sanity hotline when I am out of good ideas) to ask her what to do with my oldest. She was acting completely irrational, out of sorts and generally making me crazy. She was 18 months old at the time,  Big sis laughed and said " it's the terrible twos. Hunker down and wait till she turns 4.  That's pretty much all you can do!"

I am here to tell you she was right.  Our first Sunday here in our new pad, E goes to her primary class where they give her a CTR ring.  She practically a floated out of the room after class and showed it to me. The first thing out of her mouth was "mom, Natalie would love one of these. I want to go ask my teachers if they have any extras that I can give to Natalie." 

Earlier this week, we were heading back from my sister's house way later than planned.  i've been sick all week and i was worn out and feeling too blah to make dinner. the hubs wasn't going to be home for dinner so i just drove thru and got some chicken nuggets and fries for the girls,  (don't judge. i was sick!!!) anyway, we got home and i set their dinner out for them.  i was feeding S some delicious strained squash when E looks up and sayd "mom, where are your chicken nuggets? i told her  i didnt get any so she asks me if i got something else for my dinner. i told her that i didnt.  she git this super sad look on her face and said that since i didnt have any dinner, she really wanted to share hers with me.  i told here i wasn't hungry and she was just insistent that i had to eat some of her dinner,.  i tried to reassure her that i did not want any but she kept insisting and insisting and finally tried feeding me french fries and dropping them off in front of my seat t the table,  See? My super sweet thoughtful intuitive girl is 4...and I think she is coming back to me!

Natalie was whining vigorously and forever long about something, who knows what.  I smiled at E and said "what are we going to do with her?" E shrugs and says "just love her, Mom" 

Oh...but in case you think all sass is gone, on the way home from church today she saw a new restaurant sign and asked if we could try it out sometime.  I said maybe,  from the back of the car I hear "maybe means "no" Mom."  What can I say? She is right!

No comments: