Monday, May 17, 2010

The other day, Shrimp and I were cruising around town running our errands like any other day. I hear her asking me something from the back seat and I can't make out what she's saying. I asked her several times to repeat it but I never could figure it out.

Finally when we stop and I go to get her out of her seat, I asked her again what she was saying.

She said, very emphatically I might add, "How are you, Mama?"
"OH!!! I'm good, Baby. How are you?"
"Good," she says. "I'm pretty."

I just laughed but inside I was thinking how I hope she never loses that. I hope she'll always think she is beautiful, wonderful, perfect. Because she is.

4 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

awwww... was just thinking about you guys yesterday. we need to make some friendly plans again soon.

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

SOOO CUTE!! I love that she says I'm pretty!! love love love it!!

Lindsay said...

I love it! How did she get to sentences? I am just proud that I know shu means shoe or spoon depending on the context. We are going to miss you guys.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.