Saturday, September 19, 2009

Destination: Fresno

As further proof that Nana is just about the greatest hostess ever in the world, she arranged for the last day of our trip to California to include a visit to my sister Michelle's new house and a birthday party for Jake as an added bonus. Plus, Matt, Lisa and Sarah came down from Antelope so we could visit with them too. WHAT A BLAST! Brett and Lisa joined Kristin, Kenz, Nana, Papa, Adam and I on our trip up there.

Well, what to our surprise when we opened the door and there was Courtney! Nana is the best at surprises and this was no exception. Court ended up being in town because her roommate was making a roadtrip to the Fresno area and so the timing worked out perfectly.

Lucky Elizabeth! She got to see EVEN MORE COUSINS! And what beautiful cousins they are! Here's Bella and Malia kicking off the fun. Aren't they stunning?

Isn't the Belly Dancer so pretty?

Coach took Elizabeth out to the trampoline and showed her how to get some air.

Then all the cousins joined in on the fun. Here we have (L to R) Sarah, Kenz, Bella, Coach, Elizabeth and Malia.

Amidst all the running around to get ready for the pool, Elizabeth decided to make use of the time she had to wait.

And since she was on a roll, she decided to take another crack at napping when we got to the pool. Her dad would hate to make her feel left out of all the fun, so he decided to cat nap right along with her...so she wouldn't feel lonely, of course.

They woke up to find a kitty cat hanging around and Elizabeth just loves anything with fur.

Sarah and Lisa showed off their mad swimming skills. Little Sarah has gotten so big and so cute. She keeps singing her ABC's and dancing and talking. She even let me hold her the minute I walked in and saw her which is a first for me. I considered myself quite honored. Sarah has definitely inherited the Lisonbee hair tendencies...e.g. she hasn't got much and she's about 2. So, I was walking past with Elizabeth in arms while Sarah was in Lisa's arms and she kept pointing at Elizabeth's curls and saying in her impossibly cute baby voice "cute hair, cute hair." She is so cute and such a sweet, fun, good natured baby.

After the pool, we went back to Michelle's to have dinner and celebrate Jake's birthday. Here Bella, Mackenzie, Jake and Carter got the party started.

Check out the birthday boy with his special birthday request: dirt pudding. Michelle's kids don't like cake and for us gluten free folks, that's just fine with us!

It was just fine with Elizabeth who somehow managed to convince us that, even after caving on giving her ice cream, in-n-out french fries and various other treats earlier in the week, she also needed some pudding!

She wears it well, though, so I guess that's some consolation.



As the day wore down, Elizabeth wanted to go upstairs to play WII a bit. Jake and Kenz were good sports.

Elizabeth hadn't had a good nap all day so she was pretty grumpy at times but Jake was so good with her. I was amazed. He just tickled her and talked to her. He sang to her and played little games with her.

I love this picture because you can see just the adoration on her face. It was just sweet because she hadn't seen Jakey since she was just about 4 months old and yet she still just took to him immediately. I love Jake because he has such a soft heart and an easy smile. He's a really sincere, conscientious kid.

And of course there is Uncle Brett who has long been a favorite of the kids. He seriously seems to speak baby. I was particularly excited to see Brett this visit because I wanted Elizabeth to get to know him. He's such a fun kid with a heart of gold and I wanted to make sure she got to see that. Brett didn't disappoint. She was sad to say goodbye to him.

This trip to Cali was one of my best in years. It's funny how a baby makes you see things through a brand new lens. It's also amazing how you love someone immediately if they love your baby. I felt like I loved my family way more than i already did before because of the way they loved my baby. Thanks Nana and Papa for all your hard work and planning so we could have 10 days of absolute bliss. See you soon!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I looooove her curls!!!

And never, never. That is the answer to your question. I told you they are gifts, and gifts they remain.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth is the most adorable baby! I was searching through blogs and I found this one, and was like awwwww, shes soo cute!